What's the Buzz - Be in the Know is our Blog. Once a month in 'From Light to Layers', one of our remarkable artists will be featured. It will be a chance to get to know a little more about each artist. How they got started, their inspirations, how they do their art,...
Dr. Eric Maisel’s Interview on Break Free of the Starving Artist Summit
On March 24, 2023, Dr. Eric Maisel honoured us by being part of the Break Free of the Starving Artist Summit. For me personally, after reading his book “Coaching the Artist Within”, I shifted my life to include my passion of photography once again. I will be forever grateful.
Dr. Eric Maisel is a creativity coach and author who has worked with hundreds of artists, writers, and musicians to help them overcome creative blocks and lead more fulfilling lives. In his talk, he discussed the importance of embracing your creativity and offers practical advice for developing your creative practice.
Here are 10 key points from Dr. Maisel’s talk:
- Creativity is an essential part of being human and should be celebrated and nurtured.
- Resistance and self-doubt are common obstacles to creativity, but they can be overcome with the right mindset and tools.
- Creative work can be challenging, but it’s also incredibly rewarding and can bring joy and fulfillment to your life.
- To be creative, you need to make space for your ideas and prioritize your creative practice.
- It’s important to set goals and deadlines for your creative work, as well as to track your progress.
- Collaboration and community can be powerful tools for creativity, as they provide support and encouragement.
- It’s important to recognize the role of fear and anxiety in the creative process and to develop strategies for coping with these emotions.
- Developing a routine and establishing rituals around your creative practice can help you stay focused and motivated.
- Taking breaks and engaging in self-care activities can also be beneficial for your creativity, as they help you recharge and avoid burnout.
- Finally, it’s important to believe in yourself and your creative abilities, even when facing criticism or rejection. Remember that creativity is a journey, and each step is an opportunity for growth and learning.